Wednesday, October 19, 2016

J. L. Hudson's brand Coffee Tin

"I've never seen one of those before...." Having started a conversation with the matronly antique dealer, I quickly discovered another poor soul who collected old coffee tins.
She was a bit brassy...Nosferatu didn't care for the banter but I welcomed the joshing. 
When shown the pic of barely half our collection she was impressed. "You've got more cans than I do!" Yeah....then I dropped the recently acquired BOMB on her....
I, by good fortune, had recently come across this J. L. Hudson's brand coffee tin...it didn't cost a King's ransom yet it wasn't my usual frugal purchase. I simply knew what I was looking at: An Ancient DETROIT rarity!
A 2nd such expert confirmed my hunch....."That was sold at the downtown store!" In the cafeteria....with the other food products! I swear...that Hudson's coffee is the best coffee I've ever tasted!" 
"A selected blend of Columbia Mara & Mocha"
I'll venture a guess, due to the small 1lb key wind tin, that this coffee vessel is from the late 1940's/early 1950's...
Searches of the 'ol Interweb proved inconclusive.....
A "One of a kind" find? Perhaps.....
A killer addition to a ridiculously extensive collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment